Every two years United Way's Community Impact Fund accepts grant applications from local programs. This process is led by the volunteers on our Community Impact Committee and Board of Directors. But they can't do it alone - we need your help.
We are seeking 100 volunteers committed to United Way's goal of improving Health, Education, and Financial Stability in Champaign County to serve as Grant Review volunteers! This is one of the most critical volunteer roles at United Way.
Volunteers participate in an orientation, read/review grant requests, and program interviews. You will provide guidance to United Way regarding each program's strengths, challenges, and measurable outcomes.
To learn more about the responsibilities of being a Community Impact Grant Reviewer click on the description below:
- Available for training in February 2020 (dates TBA).
- Volunteer groups will interview Grant Applicants in March-April 2020.
- Approximately 10 hours of time will be needed for this volunteer commitment.
- Daytime availability is required in 1-2 hour blocks.
- Actively participate in all application review activities
- Attend training
- Cooperate in the scheduling of application interviews
- Read applications prior to interview
- Attend program interview